We believe that God has uniquely called this church to present the Gospel in an uncomplicated and common sense way. Under the vision and leadership of Chuck Booher, we want Crossroads to truly be a church passionately committed to Christ, His Cause, and His Community.
With a passion and zeal for the lost and hurting world, Crossroads is looking for ways to build bridges to a cynical and jaded society. We aim to take a different approach in reaching out and helping people along the journey. We stress cultural relevancy and utilize all medias and means to communicate the Gospel message.
Crossroads has a vision to be a praying church of 24:7 disciples who reflect the heart of Christ, support the hurting, develop servant leaders, and empower the next generation.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We are expressive in our love for Christ
- We are passionate about God’s Word being our ultimate authority
- We value people passionately
- We are creative and fun
- We value excellence
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We Believe in God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit and that they are distinct personalities with distinct roles, but one God. And that One God is the Creator of the universe.
- We Believe the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God in its entirety and that it does not contradict itself. It is our guide.
- We Believe Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Savior, the Son of God who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on a cross, and was raised from the grave. He will return as our victorious Lord.
- We Believe our salvation comes only through Jesus Christ and cannot be earned. It is a gift of God.
- We Believe the church, as the body of Christ, is the extension of Jesus Christ’s character, attitude, behavior, and mission in our world today.
- We Believe faith in Jesus requires repentance, confession of that faith before witnesses, and obedience to His Word. Baptism by immersion demonstrates our faith and obedience while it depicts our union with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection.
- We Believe man was created in the image of God and that He gives gifts to both men and women through the Holy Spirit for the benefit of the church’s ministry.
- We Believe everyone who accepts Christ has the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit who acts as a Comforter, Guide, and Advocate.
- We Believe that humility in prayer is the foundation for all we do and that celebrating communion together weekly is beneficial for all Christians.
- We Believe marriage has been established by God. This church defines “marriage” as the exclusive covenantal union of one man and one woman in which such union is a lifetime commitment. A civil government’s sanction of a union will be recognized as a legitimate marriage by the church only to the extent that it is consistent with the definition of “marriage” found in these Articles.