I was so touched by the way our church family was so in tune for a 50 minute message on First Fruits. I enjoyed studying for the message teaching on it and wish I had done this before. While I have taught on tithing, I have never taught the First Fruits principal clearly. First Fruit giving is understood to be as holy as Communion. Both are experiences where we embrace the love and sacrifice of Jesus Christ in a way that matters to God. When we are people who enact this truth in our lives, we will be aligned with God, in tune with God, and in the love & blessing of God.
Here are the points and verses we looked at on the weekend…
1. The first of everything is to be returned to God: Proverbs 3:9-12 & @ 2 Chronicles 31:3-10.
2. First Fruits embraces the value of Christ: First Fruits are typology of God giving His first and most precious for us. Romans 5:14, Hebrews 11:17-19, Numbers 3:12-13 and 1 Cor. 15:20.
3. First Fruits shows our love of God: Matt. 22:37-39, Rev. 2:4-5 & Matthew 6:21
4. First Fruits are the ultimate test of the heart: Malachi 3:7-18.
According to Malachi the results of First Fruit giving is…
1. God says you are in intimate fellowship withHim: Malachi 3:7-9 (you return).
2. God opens the windows of heaven to bless you: Malachi 3:10
3. God will rebuke the curse of the devourer: Malachi 3:11
4. God will write your name in His Book of Remembrance: Malachi 3:16-18